Effective Date: June 16, 2014
If you are registering for or participating in the Tesla Foundation Group, your registration and participation is subject to the Master Agreement and any other rules and regulations applicable to such (collectively, “Rules”). If this Policy conflicts with or is inconsistent with any Rules, such Rules will govern and be given precedence. Without limitation, any provisions relating to ownership of intellectual property relating to such will be set forth in the applicable Rules. This Policy will not serve to transfer any of your intellectual property used in any way to Tesla Foundation Group.
Please see the Terms and Conditions for more information on your use of this Website.
- How Do You Agree to the Policy
- How and When is the Policy Updated? How are You Notified of these Changes?
- What Information Do We Collect Through The Website?
- Why Do We Collect This Information?
- How Do We Collect and Use This Information
- How Do We Use and Protect Your Personal Information?
- What About Children’s Personal Information?
- How May We Share Your Information?
- Third Party Websites and PayPal
- Who Do you Contact With Questions, To Opt Out, or If You Want To Review and Change Your Personal Information?
Although you should read through the Policy for complete information on how we collect, use, share, and secure information, the following provides a summary of some the most important aspects of or our privacy practices:
- We may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with services, including to process donations you make, to improve our services, and to provide you with information on upcoming events, announcements, and conventions.
- We may share your personally identifiable information as required by, or permitted by, law. We may also share your personally identifiable information if we determine, in our sole judgment, that the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of you or another person.
- We take reasonable measures to secure your personal information, but we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
How Do You Agree To The Policy?
You agree to this Policy by visiting this Website. However, if you cannot agree with this Policy, then please refrain from visiting or using this Website.
How and When is the Policy Updated? How are You Notified of these Changes?
We reserve the right to change, add, subtract, update or amend all or any part of this Policy at any time without notice to you. We will post any Policy changes on this page and may provide a more prominent notice (including, in certain instances, email notification of Policy changes if we have your email address). Each version of this Policy will be identified at the top of the page by its effective date.
What Information Do We Collect Through The Website?
- Other Information. We also collect information that cannot be used to easily identify you, such as information about your computer hardware and software.
Why Do We Collect and Use This Information?
We collect your information to send you information about Tesla Foundation Group’s current activities, to keep you informed about future events and conventions, for site administration, to improve our services and future competitions, and for the purpose of performing any other services for which such data was collected. You may contact us using the form below if you decide at any time to stop receiving mailings.
How Do We Collect This Information
- Other Information. Like the operators of most Websites, we may use tracking software and similar technology, which automatically collects information about your computer hardware and software, and use of the Website. This information may be used by us for the operation of the Website and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
How Do We Use and Protect Your Personal Information?
We may also decide to use information about you to track how you use our site. In addition, we may aggregate the personal information that you provide with the personal information that other users provide in order to conduct research, analysis, or studies for our own purposes (i.e., not related to providing you with specific services).
Whenever we obtain your personal information, we will use reasonable practices to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. While we will use such efforts, we cannot and will not act as insurers of the security of your personal information. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
What About Children’s Personal Information?
We do not want, and our Website is not designed to solicit, information from children under 13.
How May We Share Your Information?
Except to provide our services to you or to provide information to you as described above and except for the situations below, we do not rent, sell, or share your information with other people or companies.
As Required By, Or Permitted By Law
We may share your personally identifiable information as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your personally identifiable information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
In Order to Protect Rights, Property, and Safety; and to Report Unlawful Activity
We may also share your personally identifiable information if we determine, in our sole judgment, that the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of you or another person. In this instance we may share your information with law enforcement or any other person or entity we determine, in our sole judgment, may be able to protect you or the other person. We may also report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity.
In Cases of Sales, Mergers, or Acquisition
If you post a Comment to our Website, you acknowledge that the information that you choose to post, including any personal information that you choose to post, may be available generally to the public. You also acknowledge and represent that such Comment is not confidential or proprietary to you or any other person or entity. See the Terms and Conditions for more details on Comments.
Third Party Websites and Payment Processors
Our Website, or our e-mails, may link to third parties’ websites. It is also possible that third parties’ websites or e-mails may link to our Website. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these websites before transmitting any personal information to third parties.
We process your payments through third party payment processors and do not maintain any records of your credit card or debit card information submitted through our Website.
Who do you Contact With Questions, To Opt Out, or If You Want To Review and Change Your Personal Information?
You may contact us using the form at http://www.teslafoundationgroup.org/contact-us with any questions, complaints, or claims.